There are tons of drinks that are absolutely awful for your teeth. They either contain too much sugar or chemicals that erode your enamel. Not to mention that quite a few of them are terrible for your overall health in general. Here are a few drinks to avoid.
- Coffee: Coffee helps bacteria create acids in your mouth. This can lead to enamel erosion. Your teeth will become frail, which can lead to breakage and a whole host of problems. Let’s not forget that coffee also causes halitosis.
- Alcohol: Like coffee, alcohol causes bad breath. Alcohol can also soften your enamel. Not to mention, the sugary alcoholic drinks can really tear away at your teeth. It can also stain your teeth.
- Soda: Soda causes staining, but the bigger issues are the sugar content and the acidity. Both sugar and acid wears away at your teeth making them, you guessed it. brittle and easy to break.
- Most Energy Drinks: Like the previous drinks, sugar is the main culprit. However, energy drinks also contain high level of caffeine. Even compared to coffee, energy drinks can have a dangerous amount of caffeine.
- Flavored Waters: I’m sure by now you can guess what’s harmful about flavored waters. It’s sugar.